Keeping Healthy & Safe
We aim for playtimes ay Ryhill to be more than just a break from learning. We have worked hard on our resources, environment and provision to ensure that pupils have the very best opportunities throughout their school day for personal and social development.
Our playtime provision allows our pupils to:
- Get physically active
- Develop social skills
- Practise teamwork and leadership skills
- Develop gross and fine motor skills
- Get creative
- Express themselves
- Pursue their academic and personal interests
- Focus on health and wellbeing
- Explore and love nature
- Become real-life scientists
- Reflect and be mindful
- Develop problem solving skills
- Engage in role play and imaginative play
Take a look at some of the things that we have happening at Ryhill to allow and encourage all of these things to happen…
- Den Building – we provide crates, pegs, tarpaulin and other equipment every day to encourage pupil -led, creative den-building.
- Construction Equipment – we have large bricks and large polydron for children to get creative, build and problem-solve whilst making their constructions.
- Sports Leaders – Our Year 6 pupils are trained sports leaders who set up and lead games and activities every day for our other pupils to take part in.
- Nature Area – our pond area is open several times per week to allow pupils to explore the natural environment. We also have a Science Shed where children can access equipment and resources to develop their love, knowledge and skills in science.
- Wellbeing Activities – each day there is a timetabled, indoor activity for pupils to access (if they choose to). The activities have a wellbeing focus and include mindfulness colouring, yoga, stories in the library and wellbeing activities.
- Friday Healthy Tuck Shop – Our Junior Leadership team help to run a healthy tuckshop every Friday which helps to teach our children about healthy snack choices.
- Zen Den – our Zen Den is accessible on most days at playtimes and offers pupils a safe space for reflection and relaxation.
- Dressing up clothes and reading books are also available every day on our playtime trolley
- Games equipment – bat and balls, hoops, skipping ropes etc
- Small world and small construction resources available every day in the quiet playground
- Some of our other outdoor playground equipment includes: mud kitchen, sand pit, climbing frame, basketball hoops, football nets and exercise equipment