News & Events
At Ryhill we believe in celebrating the successes of all pupils. Some of our regular celebrations include:
Special Mentions Assembly
Each week, we celebrate the achievements of our pupils. Pupils are nominated by their class teacher to receive a Headteacher’s Award, which is presented to them during Celebration Assembly. Sometimes a Headteacher Award will be given to a group of children or the entire class where appropriate. We aim to celebrate the individual achievements and successes of each pupil which can be academic, sporting or, for example, perseverance, being a good friend, or coming into school each day with a smile on your face! Often, our children are chosen for showing our key skills such as showing good teamwork skills, aiming high or being a great listener. The parents/carers of each nominated pupil are also invited to attend to make the celebration extra special.
Class Dojo Points
The individual skills and attributes of our pupils are celebrated every day in class by awarding Dojo points to pupils but to celebrate this further we have a weekly leader board to show which class has collected the most points.
Awards and Certificates
To celebrate the hard work, progress and achievements of our pupils, we have many incentives to rewards pupils including:
- Timestable Rock Stars – children put their multiplication knowledge and recall speed to the test to try and become at Timestable Rock Star.
- Handwriting Heroes – to celebrate those pupils who have shown improvement or accomplishments in their handwriting lessons.
- Reading Certificates – Pupils can work towards achieving their Bronze – Diamond Reading Certificates by completing the challenges to read as many books as they can.
- Pen Licence Awards – A special handwriting pen is awarded to those pupils who show consistently neat, correctly form, joined handwriting in all lessons.
- Timestable Champion Awards – children complete timed timestable challenges to earn awards from Bronze up to Diamond level!
- Spelling Bee Champion – we hold annual Spelling Bee championships to celebrate and reward those pupils who work hard to practise and learning the set spelling list.
100% attendance is always something to be celebrated. These children are celebrated and awarded a prize in a special assembly every term.
Every term a class is chosen to share and celebrate their learning and work with their parents and the rest of the school in a presentation assembly. These assemblies are a great opportunity for our pupils to proudly share the amazing things they have been doing and have featured a range of work such as artwork, poetry, songs, cooking, dancing and creative homework!
Year 6 Leavers
At the end of their final year at Ryhill, we like to ensure that our Year 6 pupils’ hard work and achievements are celebrated. We hold leavers’ assembly at the end of their final term where pupils are awarded prizes and certificates for their progress, achievement and effort during their time at Ryhill. And of course, we always celebrate with a special trip which is chosen by each cohort and has included a trip to London, bowling, going to the cinema and doing a Go Ape day out!